Monday, June 26, 2006

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I drove to Sacramento to meet my friend Adrianne and her fiancee Killian. They are getting married the weekend after next and asked me to perform the ceremony.

This will be the fifth wedding ceremony I have conducted (California lets anyone who pays $25 register as a Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriage). I guess I'm a little bit of a romantic sap but I really like weddings. Officiating at a wedding is a lot like being a lawyer - you get to form a new business partnership, and you get to stand in front of a crowd of people and make them listen to you. Hopefully I don't get any objections from the bench to my bad jokes - or at least nothing that results in sanctions.

I was supposed to meet the happy couple at a Starbucks in West Sacramento, but strangely we ended up on the only boulevard in California that does not have a Starbucks on it. How quaint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home