Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Going paperless, more or less

I hate paper. There, I said it.

My life suffers from a proliferation of paper. Occasionally I find myself almost literally buried under it, both in the office and at home. So go buy a scanner and be done with it right? Close - I bought two scanners: one for home, and one for the road.

My home scanner is a Brother MFC-7820N. Two exceptional things about this device: first, it has a 50-sheet ADF (document feeder) so you can stack your originals on it and walk away. Second, it has a built-in Ethernet port, so you can network it right out of the box. Did I mention it prints, copies and faxes too? All in all a great deal for a printer that retails for around $300.

For the road I chose the ScanShell 2000N. Ultra light, ultra portable - ultra cool. Fits right in my laptop case with no problems, and scans up to 600 dpi. No power cord needed, because it receives all its juice from the USB bus. I use it to scan in important client papers so I don't have to make and keep copies (of course, the scanned images go right into the encrypted folder on my laptop for max security).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home